The Powerhouse Museum is operated by the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences (MAAS). The safety and security of our visitors is of paramount importance to us. These are the conditions of entry.
- always conduct yourself responsibly and be respectful to others
- always comply with any reasonable request by Museum staff and volunteers
- wear appropriate footwear at all times
- deposit with the cloakroom
– briefcases, bags, backpacks, parcels or other containers larger than 35cm x 35cm x 15cm
– backpacks, tripods, aerosol containers, rolled prints/posters, umbrellas, balloons
– other items which, at the discretion of an Museum Security Officer, are considered capable of being used to cause damage to or conceal a collection object.
You must not:
- smoke anywhere indoors or outdoors
- bring animals onto the premises, except for service animals
- interfere with, disrupt or offend other persons on the premises
- touch or interfere with any collection objects or displays without permission
- use flash photography without prior permission
- use photographic or recording equipment in areas where it is restricted
- eat or drink in any of the display areas
The Museum reserves the right to:
- exclude or remove members of the public or any other person from the premises
- inspect any bag, luggage or object upon entry to and before leaving the premises
- use security closed-circuit television cameras throughout the premises.
You indemnify MAAS in respect of all claims made in connection with your attendance at MAAS premises, except where such claim arises as a result of a negligent or wilful act, omission or otherwise, or an act or omission that is intended to cause damage or loss, by MAAS.
To the full extent permitted by law, you release and discharge MAAS from all claims and demands on MAAS and any loss or damage whatsoever and whenever caused to MAAS or its employees, servants, contractors, agents or otherwise, arising from your attendance at MAAS premises.
If you have any concerns regarding these conditions of entry please talk to our customer service staff at the front counter. You can also provide feedback via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (02) 92170111.