To assist 2015 Art and Technology Fellowship applicants in developing their program of professional development, Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences will host an information night to answer questions about how they can begin or expand their exploration of new technologies in their work. The session will take place at Powerhouse Museum in Ultimo and will also be open to questions online for residents across NSW via Twitter using the hashtag #arttechfellow. Museum staff will be available to take questions on topics including:
- Collections and collection databases
- Museum labs, programs and events
- Other spaces and resources available to fellows
Participants will need to RSVP and nominate their area of interest, to ensure the Museum is able to provide relevant resources on the night. While the information session is designed to help applicants with the Fellowship it is not a requirement that all attendees submit a Fellowship application to Arts NSW.
About the Fellowship
The Art and Technology Fellowship is offered by the State Government to enable an artist (at any stage of their career) to introduce or expand use of new technologies in their work through a self-directed program of professional development. This fellowship is delivered in partnership with Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences.
Activities could include:
- travel (international and/or national)
- mentorships or internships with recognised arts, technology or science practitioners
- residencies at institutions/organisations
- short-term courses, workshops or other training (Note: The Fellowship is not available to support study which will result in a university degree or other formal qualification)
- creation of new work
- purchasing technological or other equipment to assist in the production of new work
- any combination of the above
The recipient of the Fellowship will be announced in June 2015. Applications close 25 March 2015, submit applications to Arts NSW via their website.
RSVP to email@example.comBack to top of page