As a precautionary measure, this event has been suspended. Read more about our COVID-19 update.
Explore the museum’s deep store collection with a behind the scenes tour! Not usually open to the public, don’t miss the opportunity to admire our great collection of chairs, Sydney Olympic Games objects and the incredible Doulton collection.
Continue your journey with one of our experienced and knowledgeable team who will take you on a journey through the working storage to view the objects.
Duration: 60 minutes
Maximum Capacity: 15 people
Pre-Bookings are essential
- Tours in the deep stores are only suitable for children aged 12 years and older as this is a working store.
- Tour runs for approximately 90 mins [30 minutes safety briefing & cloaking + 60 minutes tour content] and includes general entry to the museum.
- Enclosed shoes must be worn to participate in this tour.
- All bags will be cloaked before the tour and no food or drink is allowed in the storage rooms.
- Please arrive 10 mins prior to the tour for cloaking.
- MAAS reserves the right to cancel this tour if necessary.
Group Bookings 10+ Wednesday – Friday
- Group bookings of 10 or more people are available by appointment Wednesday – Friday only. More information and pricing can be found on the Group Booking page.
- Pre-bookings essential. Fill in the group booking request form below. Contact our Booking Office for any group enquiries +61 (02) 9217 0111.
- Min Number: 10 people.
- Max Number: 15 people per tour. Two groups of 15 can be run concurrently to a total of 30 people.
|Adult||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$35.00|
|Concession||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$31.50|
|Child||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$30.00||children 12 years +|
|Family (2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children)||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$115.00||children 12 years +|
|MAAS Member Adult||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$26.50|
|MAAS Member Concession||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$24.00|
|MAAS Member Child||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$22.50||children 12 years +|
|MAAS Member Family||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$85.00||children 12 years +|
|Group||Weekend Behind the Scenes Tour||$31.50||Groups of 10+ (Wed-Sun)|