Celebrate the creativity and ingenuity of the maker community at the Powerhouse Museum for a full day of making, breaking and fixing.
Sydney’s makers will take over the Museum to showcase their latest innovations in digital fabrication, technology, food design and craft. Discover how Sydney’s makers are using new technologies and revitalising traditional woodworking and craft techniques.
Take part in hands-on activities, workshops, tours and talks, and learn what’s next in the exciting maker movement.
Join us for a smorgasbord of hands on activities and:
- Talks and workshops. Tickets for these are available here.
- Repair Café with The Bower. Bring along your broken electronics and learn how to revive them! Suggested items: kettles, headphones, coffee machines, toaster, radios, irons and other small electronics. The Repair Café runs from 11.00 am – 3.00 pm.
- Skill share – bring your skills to share and learn new ones including weaving, spinning, leatherworking, ceramics and more!
- Young Creators Conference – See some of our favourite projects from the Young Creators Conference, a showcase of the projects and passions of the next generation of local innovators
- Bring your tiny tinkerer and enjoy hands-on family activities
- Discover the unique creations of our many DIY Day partners! Our talented DIY Day community includes: Australian electric vehicle association, Art Cycle, Makerspace &company, Mathworks Australia, Microsoft, Mobile Makerspace, Sydney Modern Quilt Guild, Sydney Origami and the UNSW CubeSat Team.