Explore the Powerhouse Museum after hours for FREE and expect the unexpected as you discover and celebrate the intersections of design and digital technology.
Digital technology is increasingly intertwined with our daily lives, shaping the ways we get information, make art, design, communicate and so much more. Delve deeper into the digital future as we celebrate its potential with performances, tours, hands-on experiences and more!
There’s plenty to see, make and do:
- Enjoy curator tours of Out of Hand: Materialising the Digital. Discover the past, present and future of art, design, science, fashion and architecture made possible by digital manufacturing techniques such as 3D printing
- Explore the evolution of information technology products in Interface
- Learn how 3D scanning works and walk away with a custom digital portrait by Sentimental 3D Studios
- Make your own hologram in our DIY hologram workshop
- Build your own circuits and learn about physical computing with our Thinkspace educators
- Step inside the world’s greatest experiment in Collider*
- Take the Turing test and learn about the art of computer generated poetry
- Immerse yourself in U-Tube, an interactive installation by thomas+sebastian
- Experience technology-inspired dance and performances
- Enjoy a digital-inspired music set by Pelvis, a multi-platform creative collective celebrating dance, music, film, and visual design
- Join a scenario thinking workshop and discuss digital technology and space with Josh Wodak (Associate Lecturer of Art and Design, UNSW) and designer Peter Bentley
- Catch a performance of improvised rap by Izzy
- Watch ‘Form’, a post-modern Indigenous and Queer movement performance exploring the central themes of ‘quality and line’. ‘Form’ is presented by Untitled | Collective and performed by Ian RT Colless
- Speed meet a designer (or two)
- Tomek Archer (Architecture, Archer Office), Kat Bond (Exhibition Design, MAAS), Chris Bosse (Architect, Laboratory for Visionary Architecture), Alana Clifton Cunningham (Textile Design, UTS School of Design), Tom Fereday (Industrial Design), Lucy McGinley (Graphic Design, MAAS), Luke Hespanhol (Design Lab, University of Sydney), Andrew Simpson (Industrial Design, Vert Design), Melinda Young (Jewellery Design), Adam Goodrun (Industrial Design), Ben Moir (Fashion Design, Wearable Experiments), Eloise Rapp (Fashion Design, The Social Outfit), Ben Hoh (Design Director, Future Friendly), Lorris Williams (Industrial Design, MakerSpace & Co), Jorge Forseck (Creative Robotics Lab, UNSW), Deborah Turnbull Tillman (Creative Robotics Lab, UNSW) and Cinnamon Lee (Jewellery Design)
Cash bar. Food available for purchase.
Adults 18+ only. Bookings essential. Limit four tickets per email address.
* Tickets must be purchased to enter Collider and are discounted by 30% for the evening.