Celebrate the launch of Sydney Science Festival 2017 and explore the Powerhouse Museum after hours for FREE as you see the Museum in a whole new light at MAASive Lates: Science.
Meet experts, get creative with a range of hands-on activities, tour exhibitions and chat with curators in this huge night of science.
You can also attempt to solve Sydney’s largest interactive mystery in The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes. Please note that entry to the exhibition is NOT included with a free MAASive Lates ticket. Tickets to the exhibition can be purchased here.
- Be first to see the brand new This is a Voice exhibition before it opens to the public on 11 August
- Speed meet a scientist (or two)
- Drive a Mars rover across the Museum’s Mars Lab
- Hear Kusum Normoyle explore volume to celebrate the arrival of This is a Voice
- Enjoy curator tours of some of the Museum’s exhibitions including Recollect: Health and Medicine and Interface
- Stargaze on the forecourt with Sydney Observatory astronomers and telescopes
- Experience the headtingling sensations of ASMR (Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response) for yourself with a live demonstration by Youtube ASMR artist MassageASMR
- Join comedians as they talk over vintage Sherlock Holmes films in partnership with Golden Age Cinema*
- Try your hand at periodic table scrabble and scientific balderdash
- Become the scientist in Experimentations
- Escape into virtual reality in The Lab
- Take part in hands-on activities
- Arrive early for happy hour from 7–8pm (cash bar)
18+. Bookings essential.
Solve Sydney’s largest interactive mystery in The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes.
Purchase a ticket to The International Exhibition of Sherlock Holmes for the evening of Thursday 10 August and conduct your own experiments as you attempt to solve a captivating, original mystery in the tradition of the master detective within the exhibition. Book here.
* Comedians Talk Over Movies is a regular event held at Golden Age Cinema & Bar with Comedyish on the last Friday of every month.