What’s parked in this store? Among many types of transport there’s a Cobb & Co coach, wheat wagon, steam ploughing engine, a selection of Australian cars, bicycles, a steam locomotive, a caravan, a yacht, a fire engine and an array of aircraft. There’s also a totem pole and a huge mosaic, which are here because it is the only store high enough to house them!
About these collections
Between them, these museums care for millions of objects and specimens, providing insights into engineering, architecture, science, art, transport, fashion, design, health, technology, natural history, domestic life, Indigenous and Pacific cultures and more.
Many of the items you’ll see on display have never been exhibited before, and there are many more treasures to be seen by taking a booked tour through the deep stores where the museum staff work day to day.
Now open every weekend, free of charge
- To visit, simply arrive at the entry between 10am – 3.30pm and scan our QR code to enter at the door
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Join a Discovery Walkthrough with a Museum host highlighting their favourite objects in our Transport, Aviation, Design and Social History Collections.
- Programs and activities remain suspended until restrictions ease.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe. Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with NSW Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us at email@example.com or call 9217 0222.