Celebrate the objects of yesteryear at the Museums Discovery Centre, as part of the 2020 NSW Seniors Festival. Admission and activities are FREE.
Collection Tours: do you know why the Detroit electric car was favoured by women? Or why Frank Gehry called it the “wiggle” chair? Discover fascinating stories behind the collection on display on this 30-minute tour. Tour times: 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1:30pm.
Glimpse Behind the Scenes: an opportunity to see objects in storage, usually only visited by Museum staff.
Meet an Object Trivia: test your “objects of yesteryear” knowledge.
Tech Help Drop-in: does your latest device puzzle you? Find out how to download ebooks and audiobooks at the help desk run by the team from Castle Hill Library.
Green Space: try out your green thumb at the Bunnings seed pod station.
Mindful Crafting: create paper florals.
Living Library: “borrow” and connect with the stories of a stranger.
Expert Talks: learn something new featuring speakers from Sydney Living Museums and Macquarie University Art Gallery. Talk times: 10:00am–11:00pm and 12:00pm–1:00pm.
- Tea and coffee will be provided by the Daily Grind – Community Aid. There is no cafe on site.
- If you have any specific access requirements please call the bookings line in advance on +61 (02) 9217 0111.
- Groups and buses are welcome, if you are in a group of more than 8 please call +61 (02) 9217 0111 to book. Buses must drop off and collect only, there is no allocated bus parking area.
- All activities are organised on a first come, first-served basis – however there are lots to do!
- We recommend taking public transport to Museums Discovery Centre as parking is limited. A FREE Shuttle bus will be operating every half hour from Showground Metro Station and stopping at the Super Centre and the Museum Discovery Centre. The first bus leaves Showground station at 9.30am and the last bus leaving Museum Discovery Centre is at 4.30pm.
- The 1:30 collection tour and both expert talks will be Auslan interpreted.