Discover innovative projects that will shape the future of Australian design. Shape 2018 showcases a selection of outstanding major projects from the HSC Design and Technology, Industrial Technology, and Textiles and Design courses. As varied as they are creative, these projects provide a glimpse into the minds of tomorrow’s designers.
This exhibition is presented in association with NSW Education Standards Authority.
Now open, free of charge
- To visit the museum, simply arrive at the main entrance between 10am – 4.30pm and scan our QR to register for FREE entry
- Visitors wishing to pre-book their visit can do so here:
- Some exhibitions are not open. Find out which exhibitions you can see on your visit.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe. Visitors are required to provide their name and contact details on arrival to support contact tracing in line with NSW Health rules and our COVID-Safe plan.
- If you wish to bring a group, or have any accessibility questions about your visit, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9217 0222.
Back to top of page
Plan Your Experience
Hear students describing their process for the development of their projects for Industrial Technology, Textiles & Design and Design & Technology in the 2018 HSC.
View Annotations, Examination Criteria, Marking Guidelines and view Student Portfolio excerpts as for PDFs for Design and Technology case studies.
View Annotations, Examination Criteria, Marking Guidelines and view Student Portfolio excerpts as for PDFs for Textiles and Design case studies.
View Annotations, Examination Criteria, Marking Guidelines and view Student Portfolio excerpts as for PDFs for Industrial Technology case studies.
View a special conversation with woodworker and furniture designer Jochen Heinzmann in this Sydney Design Festival exclusive.
View a special conversation with designer Akira Isogawa in this Sydney Design Festival exclusive.