Bookings are essential. Only valid ticketholders are guaranteed entry. Some sessions are already sold out, make sure you book now.
In celebration of the annual ‘May the 4th Be With You’ fan day, MAAS and The Walt Disney Company Australia invite all Star Wars fans to join us for the Ultimate Fan Weekend at the Powerhouse Museum!
Jump in the cockpit of a 1:1 scale X-wing Resistance fighter and explore the the Star Wars universe throughout the Museum with Jedi Training, character appearances, costume competitions, augmented reality experiences, coding workshops, games and more.
- Jump in the cockpit of a 1:1 scale X-wing Resistance fighter
- Experience the thrill of an augmented reality lightsaber duel with Lenovo’s Star Wars: Jedi Challenges
- Repair BB-8 and friends in the virtual reality story, Star Wars: Droid Repair Bay
- Hone your lightsaber technique and don training robes with Jedi Experience
- Bring BB-8, BB-9E and R2-D2 to life with hands-on Sphero coding classes
- See Star Wars collector’s items from the MAAS collection
- Join talks and panels with Star Wars fans and commentators (times to be confirmed)
- View screenings of both fan-made and official Star Wars content
- Capture selfies with life-size character statues (including Chewbacca!)
- Let the kids loose in space in the themed playground
- Sign up on the day for coding workshops and costume competitions
- Plus lots more
Come dressed up as your favourite Star Wars character to celebrate the day. Prizes will be on offer as part of the costume competitions:
- Kids (under 16) costume competition – 12.30pm Saturday & Sunday
- Adult costume competition – 1pm Saturday & Sunday, 8pm Saturday
Download a schedule for your day/session below to find out what is happening when and where:
- Saturday Day Sessions (9am–12pm, 12–3pm, 3–6pm)
- Saturday Adults Only Session (7–10pm)
- Sunday Day Sessions (9am–12pm, 12–3pm, 3–6pm)
Bookings are essential for this ultimate weekend. May the force be with you!
|Adult||$15||Plus $1.91 booking fee|
|Concession||$8||Plus $1.53 booking fee|
|Child (4–16 years)||Free. Bookings essential.|
|MAAS Member Adult||Free. Bookings essential.||Exclusive Member code required to access tickets. MAAS Members, check your email or contact the membership team.|
Bookings essential.Back to top of page
Plan Your Experience
We’re expecting a lot of Star Wars fans on the day so there may be a short wait for some experiences. Remember your Jedi training, have patience, and you’ll be enjoying the activities before you know it.
Finally, if you have friends or family who haven’t yet booked a ticket then we highly encourage them to pre-book online as we can’t guarantee that tickets will be available at the door.
May the Force Be With You.
What do I need to bring?: Just your ticket (printed or on your phone) and your membership card if you are a MAAS member. Please present these upon entry to the Museum to get in quickly.
Can I Wear My Best Star Wars Outfit?: Yes please, we encourage everyone to dress in their favourite Star Wars costumes and we have a Costume Competition on the day. Light sabers (no metal) are welcome but don’t get into any duels!
Getting Here: We encourage you to use public transport. If arriving by train, disembark at Central Station, head towards George Street, through the tunnel and walk directly down The Goods Line to the Powerhouse Museum. If coming by bus, visit www.transportnsw.info for your best options. The Powerhouse Museum is also just a 5 minute walk from Paddy’s Market light rail station.
Parking: You can access discount parking at Darling Square Car Park and Novotel Sydney Central’s car park. Just validate your parking ticket at the Museum’s Level 1 admission counter. Limited metered parking is also available on the surrounding streets.
Cloakroom: Travel light as no cloaking will be available (don’t worry, cloaking devices are okay in case a Star Destroyer suddenly shows up).
Pram Parking: We encourage you to bring babies in carriers if possible, as there will be limited pram parking available.
Food and Drink: Food and drinks are available to purchase at our cafés on levels 1 and 3, but remember no food or drink can be brought inside the Museum. MAAS Members receive 10% discount in our cafés.
Can I Leave and Come Back?: No. Tickets are single entry only and passouts are not available.
MAAS Members Lounge: Please note that the MAAS Members Lounge will be closed this weekend due to the high numbers of visitors expected in the Museum.
Photography: Please note there will be photography and filming at the event and that this media may be reproduced and used by MAAS or its agents in any way. If you would not like to be photographed or filmed then please advise our photographer or video staff at the event.
What Hashtags Should I Use?: Take plenty of photos and share them using #StarWarsFanWeekend and #PowerhouseMuseum. You can see what everyone else is up to via these hashtags.