The Powerhouse Museum takes ecological sustainability seriously.
The EcoLogic exhibition incorporates reused showcases, glass and timbers, low emission paints and zero emission MDF board (medium density fibre board).
In the rest of the Museum:
- We’re switching to energy efficient lights wherever possible, and using motion sensors to turn them off when nobody’s around.
- Our printers and photocopiers automatically use both sides of a piece of paper.
- All rubbish from the Museum is sorted for recycling at WSN Environmental Solutions. About 85% of it is recycled.
- We’ve installed flow restrictors in taps and all shower heads, reducing water use by one third, and cutting hot water use.
- Toilets are being replaced with dual flush systems. Urinals only flush when in use.
- We’re turning most of our car park into a garden.
- We’ve installed bicycle racks for visitors and staff.