Volunteer with Apollo 11 Exhibition
Do you have a passion for space exploration and technology?
We’re seeking volunteers to assist with the visitor experience in the Apollo 11 exhibition, opening at the Powerhouse Museum on June 29th to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission, one of the defining moments of the 20th century.
– Assist visitors with digital and physical experiences in the exhibition
– Lead key content tours of the Apollo 11 exhibition
– Share stories regarding the Museum Collection, Apollo 11, space exploration and the Moon mania of the era
– Record quantitative and qualitative audience feedback data
– Add to the lively atmosphere at the Powerhouse Museum
Volunteer with Sydney Science Festival 2019: 6 – 18 August
Are you passionate about science? Do you love science events? We are looking for dedicated individuals who are keen to take on this special volunteer role assisting Sydney Science Festival event producers to ensure the 2019 Festival is the best ever! Volunteers will help the smooth operation of this Festival by:
- Providing assistance to the event organisers during the event
- Answering questions about the Festival (ie: where to go for information, where to buy tickets, etc)
- Contributing to the SSF social media campaign during the event
- Recording quantitative and qualitative data about programs, events and audience feedback
Behind the Scenes Volunteers
Behind the Scenes volunteers support staff in work that happens outside the public areas of the museum in a wide range of departments including: Education and Visitor Services, Curatorial, Registration, Conservation and IT.
Please note: Positions in Behind the Scenes departments are limited and are first made available to our existing pool of volunteers and are then advertised here.
Visitor Experience Volunteers
Visitor Experience volunteers bring the museum alive by facilitating visitor interaction at the Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and Museums Discovery Centre, by encouraging curiosity and conversation around the collection. This position suits volunteers who have a passion for design, textiles, engineering, science and/or museums, a friendly manner and excellent customer service. Recruitment is based on the Exhibitions schedule and are advertised here.