The MAAS Bookings team are available to help you plan your visit. Submit a booking inquiry online from the links provided on each program listing, email anytime at email@example.com, or call during office hours, seven days per week on 02 9217 0222.
To discuss the educational content of your visit contact our Learning team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue and Safety Information for MAAS
Getting to our venues
Venue risk assessments
- Powerhouse Museum Floor Map
- Sydney Observatory Floor Map
Bookings are required for MAAS Schools programs, including self-guided visits.
- Educator-led and self-directed visits are available weekdays during the NSW school term.
- Self-directed school group visits are welcome on weekends and during NSW school holidays.
Our pricing is based on a cost-recovery method, allowing us to sustainably deliver high quality experiences for all learners. The minimum price indicated will be charged for each experience, regardless of group size, and where the total price per learner would exceed the minimum cost, a per learner price will be applied.
- Self-directed experiences – free for all learners and supervisors
- Educator-led/Learning program experiences (45min) – $10 per learner, minimum cost $180
- Educator-led/Learning program experiences (90min) – $15 per learner, minimum cost $240
- MAAS VCx (45min) – free for all learners and supervisors
- MAAS VC (45min) – $10 per learner, minimum cost $180
- Limited-season exhibition entry – $10 per learner, supervisors free
- Limited-season exhibition Gamify experience (45min) – $10 per learner, minimum cost $180
- Limited-season exhibition Learning Concierge experience (45min) – $10 per learner, minimum cost $180
- Incursions (90min) – $600 for one class of learners
We encourage you to visit your MAAS venue to familiarise yourself with the venue and plan for the learning experience. Our free Teacher Membership Program provides all teachers with free general admission to all three MAAS venues. To discuss the educational content of your visit contact our Learning team at email@example.com.
Two weeks before your visit
We know that things change and up until two weeks before your visit you can make changes to time, date, numbers, or programs listed above. Our bookings team are available to you by phone 02 9217 0222 during office hours seven days per week, and of course you can email us anytime firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we haven’t heard from you, we will contact you two weeks before your visit by phone or email to update your requirements and confirm the intended number of learners and supervisors.
Based on this final information, MAAS Learning team will prepare for your visit committing staff and other resources.
For all programs other than self-directed and VCx, MAAS Finance team will issue the invoice to your school.
48 hours before your visit
All payments must be received by Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences 48 hours before your visit.
Your invoice provides information on three convenient payment options EFT, Credit Card, Cheque by post. Please note that VISA and MasterCard credit card transactions incur a NSW government cost recovery fee of 0.40%, AMEX incurs a fee of 2.75%.
Please note that the Museum is no longer able to receive any school visit payments on the day of the visit.
Group size and supervision
School bookings are available for groups of over 10 learners, plus supervisors. Some educator-led experiences have maximum numbers per session, and minimum charges apply for small groups. Please note details on the booking form and program page.
The Museum maintains supervisor to learner ratios for learner safety and comfort. Within these ratios supervisors qualify for free admission. For additional supervisors general admission applies.
The ratios are: 1:1 for special needs, 1:2 for under 5 years, 1:5 for years K–2, 1:10 for years 3–6, 1:20 for years 7–12.
For further information about booking school groups for visits to the Museum, please refer to our school groups booking conditions.