Museums Discovery Centre
Now open every weekend, free of charge
- To book a free general entry ticket online for September, click here
- To book a free general entry + guided walkthrough ticket online for September, click here
- To book a free general entry ticket online for October, click here
- To book a free general entry + guided walkthrough ticket online for October, click here
Reconnect with some of the major moments of the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games 20 years on. In September, our guided walkthroughs will focus on some of the most iconic props and costumes from the Games, as part of the Museum’s collection, the largest collection of Sydney Olympics objects in Australia.
- Pre-bookings are essential as tickets are limited per session and may sell out.
- Sessions are 30 minutes in duration and start at the time you have nominated.
- Tours and programs remain suspended until restrictions ease.
- To help plan your visit, please find information here about the measures we’ve put in place to keep everyone safe.
Entry to the Museums Discovery Centre is via the gates on Showground Road or Windsor Road. Please note that there is no right turn access into the Showground Road gate.
There is limited free parking onsite at the Museums Discovery Centre
Bus and truck entry is via the entrance on Windsor Road. Call +61 (02) 9217 0236 on arrival.
The closest metro station is Hills Showground. The 601, 626, 633 and 651 bus routes run at various times throughout the day from Hills Showground to the TAFE, Green Road bus stop. Travel time, including walking from Green Road bus stop to the main entrance, is approximately 20 minutes. If walking directly from the Hills Showground Metro station it is approximately 30 minutes.
For bus timetables and routes either phone the Transport Information Line on 131500 or go to the website.Back to top of page
Parking onsite is limited, but free. Access is available via the Windsor Road and Showground Road gates. Please note that there is no right turn access into the Showground Road gate.
There is additional parking available on Victoria Road. Pedestrian entry is through Showground Road.
Bus and truck entry is only available through the Windsor Road gate. Bus parking in designated bus bay (near the windmill).
Accessible parking is available onsite.Back to top of page
The Museums Discovery Centre has a small gift shop near the admissions counter.Back to top of page
Food and Cafés
There is no onsite café. Some snacks and drinks can be purchased from the retail shop.
No food or drink are permitted in the collection stores – there are designated areas for consuming food and drinks.Back to top of page
We aim to provide venues, exhibitions, programs and services which can be enjoyed by all visitors.
MAAS, AM and SLM are affiliates of the NSW Government’s Department of Ageing, Disability and Home Care’s Companion Card program. This means that cardholders may receive free entry for their companion. Visit the Companion Card website for more information.
Please let us know about your access requirements. The Museums Discovery Centre has accessible toilet facilities. The Collections Galleries and seminar facilities are accessible via a lift.Back to top of page