Powerhouse Parramatta Community Reference Group
Powerhouse Parramatta will set a benchmark in cultural placemaking for Greater Sydney and for the first time, a State cultural institution will be located in Western Sydney.
The Powerhouse has established a Community Reference Group to work with us during the design and planning of Powerhouse Parramatta. The Community Reference Group represents a diverse range of local community organisations, the business community, schools, youth, cultural organisations, and/or neighbouring residents who have an interest in the project. Members were selected following an expression of interest process, completed in March 2020. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Community Reference Group includes the following representatives:
– Alissar Chidiac, Artist Coordinator, Arab Theatre Studio
– Julie Clarke Jones, Independent Traditional Owner
– Kellie Darley, ParraParents
– Kris De Leon, PWC
– Viktoria Darabi, Gastronomia
– Malaemie Fruean, Chair, NSW Council for Pacific Communities
– Marcella Kelshaw, Cultural Venues and Programs Professional
– Michelle Locke, Dharug Strategic Management Group
– Erla McMaster, Arthur Phillip High School
– Warrick McLean, CEO, Coleman Greig Lawyers
– Liliana Maria Occhiuto, I.C.E Representative
– Sonia Sadiq Gandhi, Gandhi Creations
– Rogan Sharpe, Local Resident
– Kathleen Summers, ATSI Advisory Committee, Parramatta City Council
– Thelma Thomas (MC Trey), Tapastry Creative
The Community Reference Group is just one of the ways we will be engaging and consulting with the community during this process. There will be a range of other opportunities to provide feedback as the planning for Powerhouse Parramatta progresses, including community information sessions. We will update our website with information about these opportunities.
For information on the project, please visit:
Phone: 1800 743 436 (during business hours)