Compact, easy to use and reliable, this popular guide by well-known astronomer and author Dr Nick Lomb
has been providing stargazers with everything they need to know about the southern night sky for over 25
years. The 2018 guide contains monthly astronomy maps, viewing tips and highlights, and details of the year’s
exciting celestial events.
Wherever you are in Australia or New Zealand, easy calculations allow you to estimate local rise and set times
for the Sun, Moon and planets. The 2018 Australasian Sky Guide also provides information on the solar
system, updated with the latest findings from space probes.
Published annually, the Sky Guide continues to be a favourite with photographers, event planners, sports
organisers, teachers, students — and anyone who looks up at the stars and wants to know more.
Highlights for 2018
• Total eclipses of the Moon in January and July
• Mars near its rival Antares in February
• Mars closest to Earth for 15 years in July
• All five naked-eye planets visible in July and October
• Possible naked eye comet in December