Compact, easy to use and reliable, this popular guide by well-known astronomer and author Dr Nick Lomb has been providing stargazers with everything they need to know about the southern night sky for over 25 years.
The 2019 guide contains monthly sky maps, an updated Indigenous astronomy section, viewing tips and highlights, and details of the year’s exciting celestial events.
Wherever you are in Australia or New Zealand, easy calculations allow you to estimate local rise and set times for the Sun, Moon and planets. The 2019 Australasian Sky Guide also provides information on the solar system, updated with the latest findings from space probes.
Published annually, the Sky Guide continues to be a favourite with photographers, event planners, sports organisers, teachers, students — and anyone who looks up at the stars and wants to know more.
Highlights for 2019
• Venus near Jupiter in January and November
• Saturn covered by the Moon in April, August, September and November
• Partial eclipse of the Moon in July
• Transit of Mercury in November
• Partial eclipse of the Sun in December