Einstein’s Special Theory of Relativity is one of the most famous theories in science. Using custom 3D visualisation software, learners will:
- Experience this astounding idea through the use of customised 3D software developed by Dr Paul Payne
- Use Pythagoras’ simple theorem to explore and begin to understand time dilation
- Explore space-time to see why simultaneous events are special, and even visualise the concept of length contraction. Join us for a Q&A session around all things Relativity, while enjoying some light refreshments. If weather permits, learners will use a telescope to look at objects in the sky.
Every group will:
- Look through a telescope, weather permitting, at the surface of the Sun during the day or the Moon, planets and stars at night.
- Workshop through a series of typical HSC styled questions on Relativity.
Plan Your Experience
Back to top of page
NSW Incorporating Australian Curriculum
|PH12-14||describes and analyses evidence for the properties of light and evaluates the implications of this evidence for modern theories of physics in the contemporary world|
|PH12-15||explains and analyses the evidence supporting the relationship between astronomical events and the nucleosynthesis of atoms and relates these to the development of the current model of the atom|
|PH12-5||analyses and evaluates primary and secondary data and information|
|PH12-6||solves scientific problems using primary and secondary data, critical thinking skills and scientific processes|
|PH12-7||communicates scientific understanding using suitable language and terminology for a specific audience or purpose|