The Powerhouse Theatre seats from 120 to 200 delegates in compact theatre mode (tiered style) and up to 300 delegates in full theatre mode (additional seating on flat section). Backstage facilities include a dressing room and green room. The theatre has an adjoining foyer space suitable for registration and refreshment breaks.
Standard venue hire for the Powerhouse Theatre includes:
- PA system with ceiling mounted JBL speakers
- Audio console with 4 stereo inputs and 15 microphone inputs
- CD music playback
- Lectern with twin fixed AKG microphones
- Basic lighting for stage (wash) and lectern (spot)
- AV control room with dedicated theatre technician
Optional video/data projection package for Powerhouse Theatre at $550 per day comprises:
- Sanyo PLV-HD2000 High Definition (2048 x 1080) 7,000 ANSI lumens projector
- Seamless switching between laptop at the lectern and the AV control room via an Analog Way Octo Vue FX switcher/scaler (with frame store capability)
- Laser disc/ Numark Pro Dual DVD player (open zone)
- VHS/SVHS video (NTSC / PAL)
Clients are welcome to contract external audiovisual suppliers for their events subject to the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences’ WHS requirements:
- Certificate of Currency (Public Liability)
- Certificate of Currency (Worker’s Compensation)
- Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
- Site Safety Induction for all contractors and subcontractors
Presenters are advised to bring their presentations loaded on a laptop for direct connection to the data projector. Please indicate whether audio output is required and if using a MAC please bring the relevant adaptor cables to connect to the VGA or HDMI input to the projection system.
Powerhouse Theatre lighting is DMX controlled from a Strand GSX lighting desk with 24 x 10amp circuits. These are patchable to 6 x lighting bars each supporting 10 x circuits. Lighting includes Profile, Fresnel and PC units.