Early last century, the electricity for Sydney’s tram system was generated in the Turbine Hall. One hundred years later, this vast space with its suspended aircraft provides a dramatic setting for a dinner of up to 200 guests or cocktail reception for up to 500 guests.
When the Turbine Hall is set for dinner, the adjoining Transport exhibition is a perfect location for drinks on arrival.
Also ideal for presentations, displays and product launches, the Turbine Hall’s spacious interior delivers a virtual blank canvas where creative lighting, theming and décor can be employed to produce spectacular results.
Optional in house audiovisual packages are available for the Turbine Hall:
- Audio package at $660 comprising: 4 x speakers on stands / 16 channel audio console / stage / lectern + twin fixed microphones and an audio technician.
- Visual package at $660 comprising: twin 3000 lumens video/data projectors (1024 x 768) on wall mounted cradles providing an image either side of the stage.
Clients should provide source material loaded onto a laptop for our technicians.
Clients are welcome to contract external audiovisual suppliers for their events subject to the Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences’ WHS requirements:
- Certificate of Currency (Public Liability)
- Certificate of Currency (Worker’s Compensation)
- Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
- Site Safety Induction for all contractors and subcontractors