What visitors need to know before they visit:
The Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and Museums Discovery Centre have reopened to limited numbers of visitors, using a free, timed-entry ticket system.
- Powerhouse Museum and Sydney Observatory is open daily, 10am – 5pm
- Museums Discovery Centre is open on Saturday and Sunday only, 10am – 4pm
- Powerhouse Museum: most exhibitions, the Store and café.
- Sydney Observatory: exhibitions and gardens
- Museums Discovery Centre: exhibitions in the Display Store
- Find out which exhibitions you can see on your visit.
What’s closed in order to comply with NSW Health guidelines:
- Cloaking facilities
- Pram parking
- The Members lounge
- There are presently no events or public programs
- Interactive or high-touch exhibitions, including Experimentations and The Wiggles Exhibition
- Theatre spaces including The Kings Cinema
- Night and day tours at Sydney Observatory
What we’re asking visitors to do to keep everyone safe:
- Don’t visit if you’re unwell, have experienced cold or flu symptoms in the last 14 days, nor have returned from overseas or any known hotspot in the last 14 days.
- Book a free timed-entry ticket online
- Provide your name and contact details when booking or on entry to support contact tracing.
- Anyone booking tickets on behalf of others is required to provide those people’s contact details, if requested.
- Arrive for the time booked and wait to be checked in by staff.
- Bring a credit or debit card for any on-site purchases (we won’t be accepting cash).
- Avoid bringing large bags (you’ll have to carry any bag at your side or on your front).
- Don’t visit in a large group (it’s ok to visit with members of your household)
- Consider downloading the COVIDSafe app.
During your visit:
- Use the hand-sanitiser provided on arrival.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres distance from others at all times.
- Wait in a marked queue or go elsewhere if a particular space has too many people.
- Allow less-mobile visitors to use elevators first or consider using the ramps.
- Cough and sneeze into elbows or a tissue, and put the tissue in a bin.
- Wash hands with soap for at least 20 seconds in our restrooms.
- Visitors who don’t comply with these conditions will not be admitted or will be asked to leave to ensure the safety of all.
What we are doing to keep everyone safe:
- There are separate entry and exit doors, floor markings and signage to help visitors maintain safe distances.
- Each space has a maximum capacity, based on the rule of 1 person per 4 square metres. Please follow instructions from staff.
- We’re cleaning frequently with hospital-grade disinfectants, and high-touch items are sanitised after each use.
- We’ve provided hand sanitisers at the entry and at various places throughout the building.
- Pre-bookings should be made online for Powerhouse Museum, Sydney Observatory and Museums Discovery Centre before your visit.
- Tickets can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device at the entry.
- To make changes to your booking, email email@example.com
- Tickets for July are now available and tickets for August will be available by the end of July.